Saturday, December 17, 2005

Where have y'all been? This is already day 42!!!!! Oh yeah, this is my first post. Anyhoo, I've struggled for most of my married-had-2-kids life with being overweight, and in short, this is a big product of my childhood. Shocking, ain't it? I eat my emotions, although I am getting better, bit by bit, at expressing them instead. It's tough, and I have a ways to go still. But at least I'm moving forward, so gimme a medal!

Day 42 - I started back at the gym in November. Mostly treadmill, and have started running small intervals (currently at 1.5 minutes out of every 5). Since I've been overweight (off/on for 10 years now, mostly on), shin splints are an issue. Alternating body parts with free weights (I dislike machines due to crappy range-of-motion for chicks vs. dudes). Chest/arms, then shoulder/back, then legs. Sprinkling of ab work here/there.

Eating? Well, not too bad given the hellish descent from Halloween into the holidays, but major stress at work has me eating way too many sweets. Mostly chocolate. I adore ice cream. But at least I'm selective about what crap I'm eating, which is definitely different/better than the past, when I would eat it if it was there, regardless of whether I actually enjoyed the taste.

So that's my brief intro. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home