Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Happy hump day! And happy winter solstice. I can't believe the days will start getting "longer" again (the kids asked how long they would be in bed tonight, since it's the longest night of the year. I think they misinterpreted what that actually means, and I don't blame them!)(Maybe I should put them to bed at 7:00, hee hee!). I miss walking outdoors, which is what I did this time last year before I joined the y. I miss the colors of the winter sky, and the smell of the cold air, and the rosy cheeks and crunching boot-sounds. I miss the solitude, vs. the gym where it's never quiet or unoccupied. I suppose I could still walk outside occasionally, but if I have workout time, I really want to get to the weights. Maybe I'll try a walk or two this holiday weekend...

As for today, because that's all I can focus on for now (but lordy don't I try to focus on tomorrow/next week/next year!), I've packed my stuff for the gym tonight. One of the kids will go swimming while I workout downstairs, but I realized that he forgot his towel. Naturally I didn't realize this until we were already out the door, so he'll learn the magic of drying with the wall hair dryers. Either that, or we could actually stop at home before going to the gym. But the first option is much funnier!

Last night I did not follow the "stop when you're full" principle, and overate some pizza(sl)hut by 2 pieces (granted, the pieces aren't huge, but still) and an extra cheesestick. Blech. Why why why do I do this???

And of course there are baskets galore here at work with chocolate and other goodies. If it's not around, I'm fine, but once it's there, so totally available, I am unable to resist. *sigh*