Thursday, August 17, 2006

Did it!

Got up and ellipted/lifted at the Y! Granted I snuggled w/bf for waaaay too long and had to do an abbreviated workout, but that is OK. 30 minutes elliptical (I pounded that puppy since I had a shorter workout) and 2 sets instead of 3 on the chest/arms. That's ok. It's better than nothing.
Why is that so hard to believe and take seriously? Somehow my workout is "not enough" because I didn't cross the 45-minute mark on the elliptical or do all 3 sets/full reps. *sigh*

Well, I got my heart rate up for 20+ minutes, and I worked my chest and arms. That's something. That's better than snuggling (welllll, maybe not!) until I had to get up for work.

So, with the new school year ramping up, I've decided to set some

School Year Resolutions

1. Be at patient, present, forgiving mother, both of myself, and of my children. Even if they're still in bed at 7:00 and the bus comes at 7:15. Even if *I'm* still in bed at 7:00 and the bus comes at 7:15.
2. Plan & execute healthy school lunches that take into account my son's allergies. Lunches should include at least 1 fruit and 1 veggie, and limited processed food/sugar.
3. Work out at least 2 days a week for at least 20 minutes of cardio. Yes, TWO days a week, TWENTY minutes minimum only. I'm in school, doing my homework/practice hours, helping the kids with their homework, chaffering to/from football/music/soccer etc. And 20 minutes is better than none!!!
4. Lift at least 2 days a week, alternating body parts (unless I go through with my Plan, which may not be feasible if I'm only doing 2 days/week).
5. Eat at least one vegetable and one fruit per day.
6. Take my multivitamin, iron supplement, and ginkg0 bil0ba every weekday (the weekends would be a bonus!).

Ok, those are reasonable, measurable, achievable, specific. As you can see, I've had to rationalize #3 to death to myself. It's so very hard. And obviously I can work out more often than that. I just know my schedule for school/work/kids (poor bf is in there somewhere), and don't want to set myself up for failure.

I was going to start the resolutions a week early so that I could get my body clock reset to getting up at 6:00, and then found out the Y is closed that week, so will have to make do with the track, my home dumbbells (highest is 8 lbs), and yoga dvds.

Better than nothing!!!

We'll save getting-back-off-coffee-even-though-it's-decaf and not-stopping-for-ice-cream-after-class for another day. I'm off to camp for a few days with the family (see, bf time!) - have a great weekend.

5 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

Hey you did well people would have just given up with the closing

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

I'm so jealous that you got to the gym and did cardio and weights. I keep bloggin about it, but not actually doing it.

You are currently my hero...sigh.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

You're so funny! I also have trouble counting my exercise as a "real" workout if I was limited on time and wasn't able to complete my usual routine.
I think that considering how busy your life is, twenty minutes two days a week is a good goal! Make sure you also pencil time in for that whole sleep thing, too! :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger TrixieBelden said...

I think it is great that you have set goals for yourself. That's the first step! Keep reminding yourself that you are doing a good job and you are doing "enough". Be proud of what you've accomplished!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home