Wednesday, January 03, 2007

196 it is, ugh!

Back where I started, but hopefully a little wiser. Yes, it's resolution time. I'm happy to see those of you who accomplished your 2006 resolutions, or came pretty darned close.

I am definitely not thrilled about my current weight, but I'm not beating myself up as severely as I would have a year ago, so that's progress.

I have no desire to go anywhere near the gym for a few weeks, although I am itching to lift weights again. I need to check the yoga pass situation and make sure I can make the scheduled classes - I have one last massage class (woohoo!) on Wednesday nights starting 1/24/07 for 6 weeks, so want to be sure the yoga schedule works with that.

I cooked for a few hours on Sunday night, after a few hours spent at the local natural food store on Saturday night. My current plan is to move to vegan-ism. My son was concerned that I wouldn't make his spanish grandmother's recipe for chuck steak now that I was becoming a "virgin", so that gave me and the bf a huge belly laugh! I know I won't switch over completely, but it's a good target for overall eating. It also encompasses my son's allergies to dairy and corn somewhat...

My goals for this week, and I'm trying desperately to not overplan and be all graphs/charts/subgoals blah blah blah, are to:

1. Brush, floss and dental tool (for my gums) every night.
2. Take my floradil (for iron & b vitamins) in the morning and at night before meals.
3. Take my daily multivitamin in the morning.
4. Drink 2 cups of water/day.
5. Eat 1 piece of fruit/day.

That's it for this week. It seems like these should be easy to accomplish, but I have forgotten how hard it is to start a new habit. Painful, even. I don't like to have to think about my routine.

I have other long-term goals that I am spacing out over the next few months, instead of trying to have them all in place by next week, which would be setting myself up for failure.

Wish me luck! More importantly, wish me consistency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home