Tuesday, April 10, 2007

He hurt me

Ugh - 2nd PT appt yesterday, and I was in tears by the end of it. I do my yoga breathing throughout it, and thought I was doing fine, but then he started pushing down on my knee/joint and that's when the tears came.

I tried explaining that tears are how I release energy. Witness me when mad - usually I end up in angry tears, which just pisses me off more, because then I don't feel I am taken as seriously, and I'm not sad, I'm ANGRY, damnit!

Anyhoo, he lightened up after that, but my knee was *throbbing* last night. I had to take some p3corc3t before bed, it was throbbing so much. I feel better today, and am hoping this doesn't set a precedent. I know he has to loosen up the joint, since it's so freakin' tight, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be throbbing for so long afterwards.

I am trying not to freak out about the return of my buddha belly. My eating has been a blend of veggies and meatless options combined with easter chocolate and mexican fiesta drinking (saturday). Oh, combined with not-a-hell-of-a-lot-of cardio exercise, except hauling my arse up and down my stairs to get out of the house. I scooch up/down on my behind, and my triceps get a great workout, at least.

Today I must do my taxes, *groan*...

Current exercises still include glute squeezes and ankle pumps, and my quad squeezes were modified to assist my knee in straightening. I can't fully straighten my leg yet, and it's frustrating, since he can't start me on strengthening until I get better range of motion. But I am seeing slow progress, and can put about 30 pounds on my right foot (supposed to be working towards 50% of my weight). It hurts my ankle to put weight on it, but I am definitely progressing.

Patience, grasshopper.

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

I'm a first time reader on your blog. I am totally empathizing with you about your injury & PT. Around 1 year ago I tore my ACL & miniscus and had 2 surgeries last year & PT. I know you're fighting a tough fight there with the broken bone- hang in there. I am still doing lots of quad exercises. It surprised me so much that my quad muscle just disappeared after surgery. It's finally back, but I will always be hanging around the quad machines at the gym. I hope your recovery is speedy!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Xena said...

Thanks Natalie, and it's good to know that you recovered. There's hope for me yet :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home