Saturday, March 24, 2007

Update

First, I want to thank the lovely BethK over at Scale & Perspective for bringing me some yummy vegan curry and gorgeous purple tulips - thanks!!! It's really cool what the internet can bring us.

Second, I'm less than a week away from my dr's appt, where I am hoping he will tell me I can start putting weight on my right leg/foot. I've already missed 3 of my kids' activities because I am housebound, and it sucks!

Third, I am remaining fairly calm and un-stir-crazy, but I have a feeling the warm spring weather will dash that to pieces. It's wonderful to have my window cracked open, even if it's still a little chilly. I am still trying to be open to the possibilities that this event has given me, and what I maybe haven't been paying attention to? I know shifting over to massage therapy is huge for me. I also know my kids are getting to the age when communication becomes even more vital, and I don't want to lose them in teenage-land.

My scar is healing beautifully, and I should take a picture and post it. It's something alright! My ex-husband suggested tattoing a flower at the top of it, or perhaps a centipede design around it. He can be a real dink most of the time, but I thought those suggestions were funny.

I miss working out. I do need to pull out my hand weights and work on my upper body, and I hope to be starting outpatient PT in early April to get my atrophied right leg muscles back up to par.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home