Monday, February 05, 2007

ZZZ

Well, I slept yesterday away. I definitely overdid it on Saturday night - 3 drinks and numerous clove ciggies. I wonder if my body is more sensitive to those now that I am eating better and not drinking/smoking much (not that I ever did, but even once/twice a month vs. more than a month in-between)? Either that, or I'm coming down with something, although I don't feel "bad" in any other sense.

I keep "re"learning that I can't have trigger foods present in the house, or I eat them until they're gone. Case in point, a whole bag of n3wman ging3r cookies gone from Friday to this morning :-(

Other than the occasional egg/dairy ingredient, I've been doing pretty well being meat-free. I made that yummy casserole previously mentioned, and it was delish! The bf was upset when I had to divvy it out for my lunches this week -he was hoping for more. That's a good sign, and clearly I should make it again. I should also try making it with son-friendly beans (no lentils or pigeon peas) and force-feed it to the kids in small doses. Actually, they're pretty good about eating their veggies, but they only willingly eat a limited selection (broccoli, baby carrots - cooked, different colored peppers, cukes, cooked sweet potato) - not that I'm complaining.

It's that time again for me - I need to start tracking my food. I'm tracking my water this month (4 glasses/day, which I have done since 2/1 except for yesterday, when I probably needed it the most!) over at Pair Up/Pare Down for their February Challenge. I originally used FitDay for my food tracking, then tried out SparkPeople. Until I get the core foods in there, it's a PITA to record food (I guess that's true of any online db). For a time, I was just tracking in a little notebook that I had, but it wasn't tracking calories/protein etc.

Informally for today: no vitamin/iron (oopsies!); breakfast was shr3dded something-or-others with almond milk, coffee with agave nectar & 1/2 & 1/2. 2 oranges for snack. 2 glasses of water already! Oh, and the last cookie. Lunch is planned as a small avocado w/some nori granules & pepper, and my lentil/pumpkin/veggie casserole. Cl1f bar for afternoon snack. Dinner is mixed greens with something, I haven't figured that out yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home