Saturday, January 27, 2007

Sweatin' to the moldy oldies

Ellipted today to Boston and Little River Band. Dude, Boston is kick-ass for a great pace on the elliptical! Kept the heart rate right up there, good ol' ellipticals. Eff you, treadmills! Did weights for back/shoulders, and I'm happy to report that I'm back to my old weight numbers, even if they are a bit challenging. As they should be.

No formal exercise yesterday, but 5 hours of decluttering my son's room. He did an excellent emotional job of getting rid of stuff, and even had enough room on his floor to have his cousin sleep over last night. Does my heart good, and I bet it did his too!

I can't remember if I posted about yoga Thursday night, but I did go, despite being tired and wanting to stay in out of the cold. Good xena!

I think I'm going to get an eye-pod when I get (if?) my annual bonus in April. In the meantime, I should start putting my CD's into eye-tunes so I'm ready to go. My bf just got the 80-gig - I really don't know if I need that much storage space. His CD collection is about 3x the size of mine.

I am re-reading the original Oprah book (is there another one out now? I was reading some hoo-ha about it, but can't remember if it was a book or what) in preparation for donating it, and although it focuses on the basics, the whole emotional eating chapter was a when-the-student-is-ready-the-teacher-will-appear moment. I need that reinforcement to prod me into really sticking to exploring what is *really* going on when I'm longing for chocolate. Breaking old habits will not be easy - I feel so much more prepared to work on it than I have in the past. Progress, dear girl, progress.

Other than the bacon sandwich yesterday, I've been impressed with the amount of meat I have not been having. We ordered indian food takeout last night, and I had a vegetarian dish (novratana or something korma) and some veggie naan, and I don't miss meat at all. I'm still avoiding most soy products due to the estrogen-mimic(k?)ing issue, but may have it once in awhile. Especially since I've found a bunch of yummy tofu recipes. I know that seems like an oxymoron, but I think I just don't know how to make it right yet.

Yoga tomorrow...enjoy the weekend!

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Weight Master said...

great blog. It's not all about what you do and don't eat. Without exercise, an individual will never completely be as heathly as they could be.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Xena said...

Thanks! So very true...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home