Thursday, January 11, 2007

Still hurtin'

My triceps are still sore, especially around the elbows. It hurts to do a biceps curl, and I'm not even holding weights. I did not end up doing weights last night, more because I ran out of time.

I did the treadmill because all of the ELLIPTICALS were TAKEN, thank you SO MUCH. I hardly get a workout on the treadmill. I can't go fast enough to get my heartrate up enough like I do on the elliptical. I do the incline to accomplish a rise in heartrate, but right now I'm not in good enough shape to keep up with the dang thing long enough to raise my heartrate. Ah well, hopefully the ellipticals will start to be available again soon. Damn new year's. Of course, I'm one of those folks this time, haha!

Yoga tonight. Thankfully it's gentle, although I went to this same class last week (has it only been a WEEK since I started up again?!) and was out of breath for some of it. Tomorrow night will probably be elliptical 'cause only losers go to the gym on Friday nights, right? RIGHT? And there will be plenty of machines available. I have to drop the kids off with their dad first, so this is a late nighter, and the question of eating enough early enough so that I have enough energy w/o wanting to yak.

Saturday is questionable. It's really hard to consider not eating a lot at my sorta-every-other-week-girl-breakfast-meeting so that I can come back and work out before I have to give a massage in the early afternoon. 'Cause I WANT those hearty grain pancakes, and some bacon (so very non-vegan!) too! *sigh* If I don't get there in the morning, I want to do the evening, where there will most likely be ELLIPTICAL machines AVAILABLE. My temptation to stay away is that I'm going to have the house ALL TO MYSELF (why am I YELLING so much today?!) from Saturday afternoon to early Sunday, ya-frickin-hoo!!!! So it's looking more and more alluring to pick up a romance novel from the library and something healthy from the natural food place for dinner and loll around....ahhhhhh

Sunday will be yoga in-between lacrosse (that's lax to you, missy). I also need to plan, shop, & cook for the week. I made some yummy curry (can you tell that I do like the curry?) soup with veggies (including eggplant) and white beans, and added coconut milk at the end. I had it today with some "forbidden rice", which is an AWESOME purple color, quite chewy and yummy in its own right. The soup should last me the next few days...I also have purple kale in the fridge, and need to figure out what to do with it. Or may just go with the ol' saute deal.

Food has been improving drastically from the holiday break, but that ain't sayin' much. I am not tracking food yet - I am focusing more on the goals that I set, and am doing pretty darn well, thank you very much. I have done pretty well with avoiding sugary junk food, mostly because I don't really have any in the house to eat. For sweets I've been doing yogurt/granola, fruit, or roasted almond butter/apricot preserves on whole-grain bread. Coffee, though, in the mornings and an occasional afternoon cup. That's ok, 'cause this is LONG-TERM, baby!

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger BethK said...

I actually really like going to the gym on Friday night, mostly because it is much less crowded. Plus, you don't have to worry about hogging equipment or having to wait for equipment hogs. That's worth its weight in gold this time of year.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Xena said...

Amen, sister! It turns out that I'm meeting the kids' dad later in the evening, so I may take my son to the pool instead...hopefully that won't be crowded either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home