Wednesday, January 10, 2007


Annoyed

I'm in a rather foul mood this morning - I just want to go back home and get under the covers and sleep 'til noon. I'm not sure what the cause is. My schedule got thrown off when the daughter apparently missed the bus but we didn't realize it for almost 10 minutes (the bus driver isn't always consistent, so we figured he was running late, but then saw him pass by across the road, full of kids - my daughter is the first stop!). Thankfully the bf brought her in so that I could shower/eat and then get the son to chess club. I wasn't about to skip breakfast, so I quickly threw together some instant oatmeat, raw honey, pb, coconut, raw sunflower & pumpkin seeds and scarfed that down.

My triceps are KILLING me! I can barely straighten my arms out. I didn't even do anything that strenuous, although maybe the combination of yoga last night (downward dogs - a whole pack of them) and return-to-lifting the night before did it. I usually do tricep pulldowns on the rack standing up, and it happened to have the rope attachment (see pic above). I don't know if you've ever done the rope vs. the metal V, but the last few inches at the bottom of the motion are *killer* with the rope, since you pull your hands out slightly to get it to go down those last few inches, and that must really isolate the triceps, because I struggle much more than with the normal metal V attachment. BTW, that is *not* a picture of me, har har har!

I'm thinking of skipping weights tonight (shoulders/back) as I don't want to overdo it, but I'm wondering if any of the routine would actually need my triceps involved, e.g. lat pulldown.

Today is definitely a struggle, and I'm glad that I haven't given up coffee yet! I know it's a crutch, but I feel the need for a little comfort. I just need to stay away from the vending machine and raid my snack drawer instead, which has much healthier choices (nuts, bavarian multi-grain bread - cute little slices, sunflower butter, plus I have an apple and an orange).

I know these challenging days will happen, and hopefully they will be few & far between. I also hope that I can rely on my wisdom of trying healthier choices (take a walk, stop & breathe) and being kind & gentle with myself. I feel that will keep me on track and make it easier to climb back on if I have a day that didn't go as planned.

I've already earned 2 green stars today, so that is a step in the *right* direction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home