Monday, January 08, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

I actually enjoy rainy days, but I enjoy them more when I can sleep in! It's still crazy warm here, and my kids' ski programs are a sure bust again this week.

They started lacrosse clinics yesterday, and it was good to see them moving again, given how sedentary our holiday vacation was. It was necessary, given the nasty chest colds going on, but it's taken a toll on our cardio abilities!

I went to yoga, as planned, yesterday while they were at the clinics, and that was lovely as always. Saturday was not quite so successful. We did go to the track and walked around 4-5 times (maybe a little over a mile). It was downright *hot* and we could have been in shorts! So we decided to head over to the beach, and did not come home until almost 9:00, so I did not go to the gym as planned. But we got some beachwalking in, some kite-flying, some onion-ring and beach-ice-cream eating in, some great family time in. It was all worth it, and I'm trying not to fret about not getting something "done".

Yesterday was also not as balanced in getting things "done", but I got to sleep in, which was lovely. I did make up the lentils/sweet potato dish, which was yummy, along with the salmon, also yummy. I have the lentils for leftovers today, in addition to some zucchini/yellow squash and brown rice. However, I kinda blew it with a whole pint of B&J last night, *sigh* That stuff is e-vil! Ah well, can't go back now, and I need to keep it positive...no beating up allowed!

So I'm behind on my dishes, which I'll fix tonight. I did get a partial menu for the week planned and grocery shopping in, so have healthy food to prepare (was hoping to get ahead on that last night, ah well!).

I plan to go to the gym after work and fight for the elliptical. If the weights are unreasonably crowded, I'll extend my cardio and do weights another day. The weight of my own body in downward dog and other yoga poses is certainly giving my muscles enough to do!

My goals are the same as last week, plus adding 1 veggie/day to the list. I did so-so in the evenings on my goals over the weekend, so that may be an area to focus on. All those shiny gold, green, and silver stars by the end of the week put a smile on my face!

I haven't added any exercise goals into the mix yet because I want to get a handle on these basic goals first. I'm considering exercise a bonus, and it feels great to get back into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home