Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I lost 5 pounds!

Off the amount I can weightlift, that is.

Back to the free weights last night, chest/arms, and I had to take it down a notch or five. And I could barely finish my 3rd set of each - it was a struggle. My biceps looked rather wilted in the mirror. I dropped my stupid CD player for the umpteenth time and almost lost the battery cover. It was gray, like the elliptical machine, and blended in with the back piece, hee hee. Maybe I should start using my mp3 player, eh?

Ellipting was also a challenge. I didn't even bother putting any resistance on it (was up to an 8 out of 12 or 15, I can't remember what the top is), and my face was quite red, but my heartrate stayed in the "safe" range. I was in a hurry getting to the gym, so my daughter offered up one of her homemade CD's, which ranged from rap to teen hard rock to Journey. Ok, Steve, I won't Stop Believing! Yeah, I need to get my mp3 player loaded up with a solid workout playlist.

Got my dishes done last night, butternut squash/carrot soup w/hazelnut milk on the table for dinner, scout pack meeting attended (last one before son "crosses over" to Boy Scouts, *sniff!*), homework helped, teeth brushed/flossed/tooled, and kitchen picked up. It felt good to get up to a clean kitchen, for sure! Breakfast was (instant, not for much longer) oatmeal with some coconut, pumpkin & sunflower seeds, peanut butter, and a dash of raw honey mixed in, yum! I have steel cut oats that I'm going to attempt in the crock pot overnight with some fruit & seeds mixed in at some point soon. Tonight is rice & beans with broccoflower (genetically mixed broccoli & cauliflower -I hope it's normal! I got it at our local natural food chain so I'm hoping it's not an evil mutation). I had to eat corporate lunch since I was in a meeting for 3+ hours, but I choose the roasted veggies/cheese grilled wrap, a bunch of greens, and water. Oops, and chips!

Yoga tonight as well, can't wait! I had a hard time falling asleep last night, so wondered if I overdid it on the working out since I normally crash afterwards and sleep like a rock.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger TrixieBelden said...

At least you work out with weights! I'm just getting back into the cardio routine. I think its great you borrowed one of you daughter's CDs - we got my mom an iPod for Christmas and I brought some of my CDs to download for her - a little Green Day, a little No Doubt. She has her iPod on permanent shuffle. I'm trying to get her to make a solid workout mix too!

I hope yoga was good.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Xena said...

Now *those* I could groove to!

Good luck getting back into your cardio routine - one day at a time, huh?

Yoga was great, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home