Thursday, January 25, 2007

Standing on my head

Tuesday night, I almost didn't make it to yoga, but the bf offered to get the kids from their respective pickup places and I ran home, started dinner, and then went to class. I am so happy that I made it, because we did a headstand! And I did it! This particular instructor is very good, and explains things in ways that make it easy for me to understand, to correct my body, to get deeper into the poses. Granted, it was a headstand assisted by the wall, but it was very thrilling to be able to do it.

Monday night's yoga class, billed as "gentle", was anything but, and I was down to my tank top by the middle of class because I was sweating. I didn't mind so much that it wasn't gentle, but I wasn't really expecting it, and therefore not really revved up for it, if you know what I mean. Like if I know I'm going to do a killer workout, I can get energized beforehand, but if I'm just going to take a walk, it's not the same.

I've been overdoing it on the sweets again, especially last night after class (hot stone massage is AWESOME!). I need to explore what's behind this behavior....

Doing so-so on the goals this week - I can't give up now just because it's Thursday and if I haven't been getting pretty gold/green/silver stars for every goal then why bother for today/tomorrow/saturday/sunday anyway??? I do fine with the morning vitamins, and even getting a fruit and a veggie in every day (often more than one). Water? Hmm, I do better when I'm at yoga, but during the day have been opting for evil coffee instead. Flossing? Need to get back on that one!

Yoga tonight; not sure what's up tomorrow since I'm taking a half-day for the son (he has a half-day at school) and we need to tackle his jungle of a room. It's not that he's not neat, because he is for the most part. It's more that he gets a lot of "build it yourself" toys for gifts, and they've been piling up into little towers and mini-carnivals all over his not-very-big room, so that we're having to step over/around things to get to his dresser. Then we're having dinner with the bf's friend from CA, so no workouts there. Saturday morning? Hopefully yoga. If not, then ellipt/weights during the day. Sunday is yoga. I need to get some massage practice hours in too at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home