Monday, January 29, 2007

197

So I don't seem to be losing any weight, but I'm definitely feeling more fit and toned, so I guess that's what really matters. It's just disheartening to see all the pretty exercise stars (20 so far this month!) stuck all over my calendar and not see a downward movement on the scale. I'm not due for TOM for at least another week, so I don't think it's water retention. Ah well, I do enjoy the NSV's too.

I think part of it may be that I have been doing mostly yoga, which isn't exactly a sustained cardio workout. Yes, it's making me stronger and more flexible, but it's not getting my heartrate up consistently, so I am not in the calorie-burning zone. My long-term goals are to establish a consistent yoga practice, so I'm trying to focus on the "long term" aspect of it, and congratulate myself for moving so much this month.

Food is good - went grocery shopping, had an awesome stirfry (although the kids felt it was a bit too spicy for their tastes) with rice noodles, and leftovers for dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow. I thoughtlessly added the rest of the can of chix soup that my daughter had started to my tomato/chickpea/spinach soup to cut the tang of it, so I have that for leftover lunch today - I totally didn't think about the chicken aspect of it!!! I have an apple and some oranges, and some baby carrots. I finished my first bottle of Floradil, so that was also a victory, and I know I'm getting my iron.

I feel renewed this week, which is a much better feeling than last week, when I was seeking out sweets and comfort food. Every little step forward....I'll take it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home