Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Slacker

That's me. I haven't done *squat* for school homework/practice hours yet. Methinks I am perhaps afraid of having this be the final push and then I can be certified. Which means I need to then find a part-time job. Which is scary and exhilarating and more demands on my time, not to mention my ticket for getting out of my current career. It's hard to be a perfectionistic overachiever and then not do any of the work for my class, and somehow not look bad in front of my classmates/teacher...

I did go to yoga last night, yeah! My tight hamstrings annoy the hell out of me. At least my hips are kinda loose.

And I made a healthy dinner for the fam/me. Red beans with kale, butternut squash cubes, and sason (sp?), which is a spanish word for the sauce my ex-mother-in-law adds to almost everything. Surprisingly, and happily, it's "all natural". You take onions, fresh cilantro, garlic, green peppers, and a little water, and blend it up in a blender. Store in a glass jar (and it will expand if kept for too long - I don't know if everything ferments naturally and builds up pressure) in the fridge, and I usually use a generous glop of it when I'm cooking beans, etc.

I'm glad to be backing away from the precipice of backsliding into trouble with my eating/self-care. It's not a fun place to be, and I'm proud of recognizing and hopefully turning away.

Feb. challenge - 4 glasses/water/day....down to the wire, before bed last night, but I did it!

I need to get started on today's water. I usually drink a bunch during school, which I have tonight. I also need to get to the grocery store and stock up on fruits & veggies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home