Friday, April 27, 2007

Update Week #10

I'm out of work for 2 more weeks. Dr. is a little concerned about my inability to completely straighten my leg, which is a result of 2 things - a tight hamstring tendon, which the PT is using ultrasound and soft tissue massage to loosen, and scar tissue built up towards the inside of my knee. Both of these tight tissue areas really pull and hurt, and don't allow me to fully straighten the leg.

I probably won't be able to drive for almost a month (I think he was trying to be optimistic by giving me a 2-4 week timeframe), and so will need rides to work once I can return. I am relieved that he gave me two more weeks until I return to work (and it will probably be part-time at first), and even though I've been having more frustrated/sobbing episodes, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Of course, it didn't help that I pulled out my lower back at PT on Monday, so have been mostly horizontal, but not in the good way, and taking happy pills before bed at night to get some relief and rest.

I've been dabbling in the sketchbook I had my mom pick up, with some charcoal & fine pencils. I haven't broken open the acrylic paints, but will do that this week, and I also bought an inexpensive travel japanese calligraphy kit. I can't figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with the ink stone, though?! I took out 3 library books on japanese calligraphy so I am hoping one of them will clue me in, since my set didn't come with instructions. I used to love drawing and making my own greeting cards when I was younger, so will try not to get frustrated at my lack of actual skill and enjoy doodling and mixing colors instead.

I really should get my hand weights out too, and start building my upper body strength, which can only help my ability to get around on crutches...

Eating-wise, I'm still vegetarian, but also a serious ice-cream-atarian and chocolate, too. I'm afraid to put on my work clothes at this point, ugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home