Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Had a blast!

The beach was loverly - it only rained a bit on Saturday night, while we were inside eating freshly-grilled steak tips (yum!) and sweet potatoes, along with salad. Poor babies, eh? Also consumed along the way was much salad, some meat-a-balls, too many jello shots to count, some wh3at thins, which I adore and don't buy 'cause I'll eat the whole box myself, a chocolate-chip bagel, coffee, water (tried to keep up with the dehydrating effects of the alky-hol), chocolate (dark, which is great for your heart, so no worries eh?) fondue for the fruit salad, and my chicken-blackbean-chili. Chunks of cheese here and there. Apple crisp for dessert. No beach ice cream, although I did get my favorite-ice-cream-of-all-time coffee cookies-n-cream (it's not the same anywhere else), YUM! Too much booze and ciggies. Ah well.

We walked the beach every day (probably a mile or so each way). We walked to/from the dance club, where I danced my fool head off, jumping around and making the girls laugh. My quads are *still* sore from jumping around in 2-inch chunky heels. I'm lucky I didn't sprain my ankle! I did some yoga poses in the ocean, swam a lot (not the last day - too cold). Walked up/down the 3 flights of stairs to our rental at least 4-5 times/day, not to mention carrying all of our crap to move in on Friday and out on Sunday. So got lots of movement to counter the lots of calories.

I had a terrific time.

I did not exercise yesterday, as I was recovering from the "weekend bender" (the bf called it that) and still sore, mostly my legs. Today I walked the track while son rollerbladed. He wants to do it every day now!

Mini-binge last night on single-serving package of chocolate chip mini-cookies and a sn1ckers bar, and 3 chocolate mini-grahams. I think the stress of going from work to home/football pickup/dinner/homework is already getting to me, so I need to find alternatives to stuffing the anxious feeling with eating.