Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What the #$%^ happened????

Well, I broke my friggin' tibia, that's what. On 2/17 I went snow tubing and went feet-first, way too fast, into the inflatable barriers.

MF. And a whole bunch of other curses.

I spent 6 days in the hospital and they cut me open (about 6-7 inches long, I kid you not) to put a plate on my bone. I guess I done effed it up good.

So here it is, a month later, and I still can't put any weight on it (dr's orders). Probably won't be able to until the end of the month. It's my right leg so I won't be driving probably until late April, if I'm lucky.

*sigh*

My exercise consists of lifting my leg brace to and from the pillows on the couch and my bed, and hopping around on my walker.

Why did this happen? It totally effed up my massage school completion, which is now pushed off until August. Grrrrr

I haven't been doing vegan since I can't cook for myself, but my bf is at least keeping me vegetarian. I know I've gained weight since I'm just lying around, eating pre-easter chocolate.

yeah, I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway, catch you when I'm back up and running, unless I find something else besides the interesting paint job on my ceiling to write about.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger BethK said...

OMG! If you need *anything*, please let me know. I can drop off some soup or a nice vegan curry...

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger TrixieBelden said...

wow! i'm so sorry! i hope you are doing better. when do you start physical therapy, april? i highly recommend a subscription to netflix. take care!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Xena said...

Thanks - BethK, that would be awesome!

Trixie, I hope to start outpatient PT in early April. Right now someone comes to my house, but she only does a smide more than the exercises she has me doing on my own anyway. Netflix - that's a great idea!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home