Monday, May 14, 2007

Back to the Salt Mines

Yes, back to work today. 4 hours/day for this week, and I got a call from the insurance co. telling me my STD coverage is up this saturday, so no choice on going back full-time starting next week.

It feels like forever since I've been there. In some ways, it has been - it's been 3 months this week!!! There have been many changes, and I am not one for change. I am pretending that I am starting a new job - indeed, I have a new supervisor now - and will try to be open and accepting as much as possible.

I've learned many things these past 3 months, so I am interested to see if they "stick" once I get involved in the muck & mire of politics and work...

I need to figure out my eating situation at work since I will be there through my normal lunchtime but can't take more than a 15-minute break. Today I have natural pb/natch jelly on wheat, 2 apples, and some cashews. I am frightened to find what I have left in my snack drawer at work!!!

I've really been struggling with how slow this recovery is going. Still can't straighten the leg, still can't put more than 50 lbs. on my right foot, still can't drive. Why did I ever pray for patience?!

*sigh* wish me luck, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my work clothes still fit :-) Last time I got on the scale (last week maybe?), I was holding strong at 190. Not bad for sedentary lifestyle...

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Naturally Blessed said...

hope work has been going well for you. and i am sending hope and prayers your way!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Xena said...

Thanks lady t!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home