Monday, April 24, 2006

Hanging in

Should it be "Hanging On" instead? Took a nice weekend workshop related to massage, and ate more fruits & veggies than I have in weeks. Took a 20 minute walk each day outside, which was terrific. Then on the way home last night I had fast food and decaf coffee and that little Deborah brat snacks. Today I am still snacking on leftover easter chocolates and back to drinking full-on coffee.

I have the rest of my burrito for lunch, an apple, a Cl1f bar and some yogurt/granola. I don't know what the hell I'm going to make for dinner, and I don't have a lot of time as the daughter starts softball today. This is where I usually fall apart, so I need to make a concerted effort to get something healthy going and then plan/execute the rest of this week food-wise.

We hope her practice gets out in time to go to the Y, where there's open swim for the kids, yoga for me and the wellness center for the bf. If not, we could still go and I would ellipt instead of yoga-ing.

Tomorrow night yoga is probably out too as the son has an appointment with a naturopath for his various issues (eczema/mild asthma/serious seasonal allergies) - I am very interested to see what she thinks since we've never tried a naturopath before.

I'm still coughing up crap here and there, but generally feeling a heckuva lot better. Why don't/didn't I cut myself some more slack around feeling crappy and trying to hold it together in terms of prepping healthy food and working out? Great question.

As I was walking outside last week (didn't really do it this w/e), I pondered the Gratitude List (taken from Sarah Ban Breathnach's Simple Abundance, although maybe she got it from elsewhere?)...it is a very helpful exercise for me, and it brought things into perspective for me. Much-needed perspective, I might add. My kids, my health, my awesome partner etc. I truly do have a lot to be grateful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home