Wednesday, July 19, 2006

See-Saw

I'm up, I'm down. I'm good, I'm not-so-good. Can you say "mood swings"? I knew that you could. Can you say "all in the space of one day, or one hour, sometimes"? Yes, it's loopy. I'm struggling with not having junk on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. Last night I had not one, but TWO chocolatey protein "energy" bars in the space of 4 hours, and then a drive-through (not too bad, I guess - small cheeseburger and small fries, but still). I did have my fruit and veggies and beans etc. yesterday as well, but then had 3 (more like 6, since they are rather long) rye crackers w/natural PB before leaving for class, then the bars, then the drive-through at 10:30. Ugh - it was like I hadn't had enough solid, warm food to satisfy me. The beans were warm and solid, and I had veggies & hummous.

I don't know - maybe I'm feeling anxious? I don't know why. I've been having wackadoodle dreams again, which seem to come in waves (I'll go weeks without them; I don't think it's TOM-related, but maybe it is). The eating is definitely more binge-feeling (like I *HAVE* to have it and have it FAST), so there must be other stuff going on that I'm not dealing with. I just don't know what it is.

Thai food for lunch today, and I have salad/hummous/beans for dinner before class. I've run out of fruit so need to stop at the grocery after lunch.

I did walk this morning at the track - very nice morning after all the lousy heat - I think it's supposed to be cooler today (yes, it's that time of year when the 80's feels cool)(the temperature, not the decade). I had a yucky headache all day yesterday; not sure if it was caffeine/sugar withdrawal since I had a half-decaf on Saturday and then a decaf sunday and then a little $tarbuck's cold coffee that they sell in convenience stores.

I also worked out Monday - elliptical (I finally hit 100 miles for 2006!!! Woohoo!!!! I'm probably about 10 miles over that since I don't track my outdoor walking at all) and chest/arms. I couldn't find the 12-lb dumbbells so ended up doing some of it with 15, and boy did I feel it yesterday, and still today! Maybe it's time to crank the weights up a bit, eh?

The horrid scale said that I'm at 178 - ugh!!! I'm hoping it's water retention from the salty food last night, but am more afraid that my vacation eating has finally caught up with me?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home