Thursday, June 07, 2007

Still here

I'm at a stuck place in my recovery. I go in to PT, I'm at 35 degrees (angle of my leg - I can't get it straighter), and I'm around 25 when I leave. It's been this way for weeks. I'm wearing a freakin' torture device (basically a brace/splint that forces my leg straight while I sleep) for 8 hours a night, and not seeing any progress.

Can you say "frustrated"? I knew you could.

Tomorrow is my dr's appt, and I've vowed that I will not leave his office until I have an answer to the pinching that I feel when I try to straighten my leg, and these 2 spots are actually sore to the slight-pressure touch. That can't be normal, can it, after 3.5 months??? It sounds like scar tissue, and my joint is responding like it is, too. Solution? Probably arthroscopic surgery to clean out the joint. After my 8-inch scar, a few little holes ain't gonna faze me much, and if it leads to being able to straighten my leg w/o pain, let's do it NOW!

I'm trying to be patient. I haven't done any meditation as I had hoped to be doing (planned during my recovery time, when time was all I had), and my only exercise is crutching around, driving, and hauling myself up & down the stairs on my arse.

So, if you can walk, jog, run - please do it for me, ok?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home