Friday, June 08, 2007

Surgery it is

After waiting over an hour for my dr. this morning (apparently he had an emergency at the hospital) and being in absolute tears from the frustration of this all (gee, do I stuff my emotions???), the decision is to put me under, forcibly manipulate my leg into straight-dom, and if that doesn't tear up the evil scar tissue, then they'll do a clean-out via arthroscopy right after. I am relieved and also nervous about more surgery, but I can't stand (har har) being stuck.

Right after, they would put me on a CPM (continuous passive motion?) machine, which, from my understanding, passively rotates my leg continuously (ah, I get it!) to keep new scar tissue from forming.

And hopefully soon after that I can get back to PT and get this mofo working again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home