Tuesday, January 10, 2006

*sigh* this whole thing is long-term, isn't it? I mean the "getting healthy" deal. I'm not sure why I would expect that a weekend (plus) of lousy eating wouldn't catch up to me. My energy level sucks eggs right now, and the scale certainly isn't lying to me. I thought (or deluded myself, more like) maybe the working out would counteract it all, but no way, daisy may. I'm sure that if I were *not* working out, it would be much worse!

I had pizza about 1.5 hours before working out last night - bad idea. I know my body - I know that I can't eat anything before my workouts, especially something as heavy as pizza. Maybe an apple an hour before, but nothing heavier. I didn't yuke or anything, but I sure didn't feel so good jogging with a bowling ball in my belly. My shin splints were off/on, but I did 4 minutes total jogging during the 40-minute workout on the treadmill, and felt less full when I finished. Just think of what I could have felt like if I didn't eat first! Ah well, I have learned my lesson for now.

Worked on the back/shoulders. As I was struggling through my last rows, I decided that I should do those first next time as I wore my shoulders out with their own weight exercises. I usually do my bigger muscles first, but the free weight room was hella crowded (damn new year's and teenagers!)(only the teenagers that were on my machines, of course. No offense to teenagers in general. I was a teenager once.) so I did my shoulders in the other "girly" area first.
Shout out to YP - thanks for linking me up! If I could figure out how to get links on the right-hand side, I would do the same. It is so motivating to read what these chickadees are doing, and it keeps me going for sure. I look forward to checking in every day, and I'm going to miss doing that when I'm away for the month. No internet in retreat-heaven, baby!

Speaking of the retreat-time - I am so very psyched to be doing yoga daily with some amazing instructors. As one of them has said before (during a weekend R&R last June), they "cultivate the valley-um voice" - they are all so calm and centered and encouraging, and the yoga feels so "ahhhhh". The retreat center is absolutely gorgeous - in the loverly Berkshires, up on a big hill with an incredible view. I can't wait to take walks in the winter wonderland, expand, heal.

I've been trying to do yoga here and there to get ready for it, so that's what I'll be doing tonight.

I have greens and veggies for lunch, with an avocado and boiled egg (and flaxseed oil) for protein, so that is a good start to get me back on track with my eating! I need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home