Friday, January 13, 2006

Walkies


What a gorgeous week it's been. I did walk to the Y yesterday - each way is around a mile, so I'm at 16.03 miles this month! It was so loverly to walk outside with just a slight chill to keep it refreshing, and a good hill at the end (going). It was a terrific warmup to weights, although I was on "legs" for yesterday, so I'm a bit sore today, which is a nice change from feeling not-so-sore at all most days. I did up some of my weights, especially my calves. Last week I was swapping off (working in?) the calf machine with a guy that I often see in the free-weight room, and I would do my wimpy 30 and then he'd hop on and do that plus 100, so...I mentioned it, and he said he's been working out for a long time etc. He wasn't exactly bulky, so that just continues the notion that working out with weights doesn't make you bulky (unless you do like 2+ hours day serious training, of course)! I know it to be true for myself, but I am still surprised how many women (and men) think this is the case.

Then I went home (I was even sweating!) and lugged xmas decorations downstairs and other stuff up. Hmm, that could also be why I am sore now! Our storage area is pretty limited (can't use the basement since it gets wet down there) to our downstairs foyer, which is a good size for a foyer, but I had to rotate boxes etc. to get the xmas stuff at the bottom, so that was some great cardio as well.

I finally cleaned the house, so that made me feel so good today - I swear I wake up with more energy when the house is in order! I have to get organized before next Sunday, as that is when I depart for the month...I'll definitely miss posting. I don't think they have computers/internet connections there, which is honestly fine for me. I will truly be able to disconnect, minus a few calls to the family. I'm looking forward to it, and most especially to building a consistent daily spiritual/meditation/journalling practice.

Eating? Well, let's just say that the pint is already gone, no surprises there. Then there were cookies here at the office. Oy. Otherwise I had two salads yesterday, and fruit, and flaxseed oil. I need to eat lunch soon (greens/tuna/corn; yogurt/granola; blueberries). Breakfast was some kind of earthy-crunchy (har har) granola with pumpkin seeds, soy milk, blueberries. And coffee.

Tonight is chest/arms, then swimming with son and bf at Y. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home