Thursday, April 27, 2006

Ouch (in a good way)

Made it to the gym last night - zowee! 45 minutes on the elliptical, and I wasn't as winded as I thought I would be. I did take it down a few resistance notches but otherwise did pretty well. My face was quite red, though, which wasn't the case a month back.

Speaking of which, it has been a MONTH since I ellipted/lifted - holy crikeys! I have been doing yoga, and walking outside, though, so at least that's something. I lifted chest/arms, and my left wrist is still bothering me from more than a week ago - I was trying to be quite careful when I was doing the free weights. It's a bit sore today but not in pain.

My poor little muscles, however, are quite sore today, so I keep trying to do mini-stretches in my office chair and am thankful that I have my own office. They feel *good* sore, though, which is lovely. I sorely missed it har har har.

I've been having vivid dreams these past few days, and was hoping that working out some stress would calm them down, but last night's was about my grandmother, who has been dead for 14 years. I was crying and hugging her and just enjoying being with her, if only for a few dream moments. She was my favorite of all, and even though we didn't see each other much (she lived 1200 miles away), we used to write letters to each other and she was there for my college graduation, which was huge for our family (I was the first to get a four-year degree). *sigh*

Today's plan is to get outside for a walk at some point - another gorgeous day in the 60's here. Eating has been so-so - hot grains for breakfast but I added a teaspoon of hot chocolate mix since the flavor was nonexistent, as well as a tablespoon of natural PB (which doesn't "melt" like regular PB does when it gets warm). I did half/half on the teecino/coffee front, and so far don't have a headache from withdrawal. I have a banana and an orange, and curried turkey and greens for lunch. Dinner is most likely leftover pasta and sauce, broccoli, and I'll probably grill the rest of the marinated chix on my GF grill for protein.

I need to go grocery shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home