Monday, May 22, 2006

Back on track, Day 1

Saturday & Sunday were just practice days. Here is my 2-week countdown to school starting, and I got the bf engaged in the process of returning to saner eating.

Exercise: Saturday I did a little walking during the scout camping trip and two ups at the mostly-kid kickball game. Sunday I went to afternoon yoga and had some nice strenuous pose-holding - I feel it today! Tonight is gentle yoga, and I plan to walk during the son's clarinet lesson. Tomorrow night yoga again.

Food: I had hoped to prep some lunches for myself but the weekend was hectic. I have food planned out for dinner tonight and took an inventory of my pantry to see what meals I can make up. I know I have some greens, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli in the fridge too. I had a banana with breakfast and an apple; a blt (green leaf lettuce and tomato are vegetables, eh?). A coffee that was mostly decaf - I need to get the teecino together tonight. I know this will be a challenge for me (to get off the coffee).

Challenges include:
  • not going out to eat - usually leads to poor choices and too much $$$
  • cutting out and then eliminating coffee
  • preparing the food that I buy
  • eating the prepared food!
  • panicking because I'm trying to "eat better" and therefore is a perfect opportunity to sabotage myself
  • not eating my emotions - work still sucks
I'm trying to do this from a place of love instead of "I HAVE to do it, wah wah wah". Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home