Monday, May 15, 2006

Water, water, everywhere...

and I'm not even thirsty. I have a flooded river about 3 houses down from me, and praying that we're uphill enough to make it through the next few days. It's fascinating and terrifying and alive.

My exercise last night was walking with the kids and bf to check out all the flooding. It wasn't flooded on our street last night, so this has all happened in the past 18 hours, and it's still rising. Saturday I had an abbreviated workout at the Y (elliptical/shoulders/back).

Nothing planned for today - probably not going to make it to yoga tonight due to the weather/flooding. Hoping that our electricity/gas etc. holds up. There was no school today and I'm wondering about tomorrow too.

I hit an extreme with eating on Friday and have been better since then. It was certainly PMS that had me craving sugar. I did some journalling on Saturday about fear and what has been bugging me. Having some homemade-by-my-friend chix/broccoli/carrot soup and crackers. Dinner will be corn on the cob, grilled chix, maybe broccoli/green beans. One day at a time.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger BethK said...

Holy cow what a mess! Everything between 114 and Mass Ave in NoAn is completely under water. Trying to get home last night, after I discovered too late that 114 was closed, I had the stoopid idea that since the Rt 28 exits off 495 were open, then 28 through An must be open too. I snaked through town, down past the dam on Stevens St and that was just roaring, sat at the light at the post office and then ended up doing a U-turn because, duh, the bridge over the river on Rt 28 was flooded out. Getting into Law was a job of work! Glad to hear that you and yours are doing okay. Hang in there. I'm sure school will be open again soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home