Monday, May 01, 2006

This place really makes me sick, way-oh, way-oh

I *so* do not want to be here at work today. Or any day for that matter. Only 285 more business days to go! It was extremely difficult to get up this morning, and I didn't even make it outside for either of my kids' bus pickups. Worst. Mom. EVER!

What a great weekend, though. Friday night I ellipted again and did shoulders/back, and it felt terrific to be challenging my muscles again. I was very sore this weekend, but it was a good sore, if you know what I mean. Saturday morning yoga (I did buy another 2-month pass, yeah!) was quite vigorous and she had us holding half-plank for hours - it was wonderful! Yes, I am sick and twisted, but I loved it! Then we did a bike ride through some local wooded trails, and I was very impressed with how well I did going uphill - I was beating the pants off the kids and kid's friends that were with us, mwah-ha-ha-ha-HA!

Sunday was a hike through another local wooded trail, and I tried to kick it up a notch a few times by running up the hills and not killing myself on the rocks/tree roots. Then we sat in the warm sun/chilly breeze to watch my daughter's first softball game. She did really well, given it was her first time on a team of fairly-seasoned girls - she's the athletic one out of my two kids (although my son can hold his own with running etc. - he hates losing, though, so doesn't do well with the team sports).

I was pretty exhausted early evening yesterday, but still had to go to the story for some much-needed groceries. I didn't get to prepare anything last night but have a plan for tonight's dinner (grilled chix/salad/sweet potatoes) and then will spend the evening preparing food for the rest of the week - I finally sat down and planned out all the meals, so that felt great - now I just need to cook/prepare them!

I fell off the meal-tracking wagon pretty quickly, but hopped back on yesterday. I also sorted through a lot of paperwork this weekend, which felt good, but now I don't want to do the couple things on my list for today, 'cause I don't WANNA. So there.

The scale is finally reflecting my crappy eating - I'm up to 178. I'm amazed that it took as long as it did but certainly not surprised. I feel as though I've gained more than that, so I've probably lost muscle in the process. I had a dream last night that my arms were finally skinny - it was really weird - I could feel them as if they were real. It's not like my arms are huge now, but they are definitely bigger than they were in the dream, and could stand to get more toned.

No yoga tonight due to son's pack meeting, but I do plan to walk outside during his clarinet lesson. I brought my raincoat in case it's raining so that I don't have an excuse! Tomorrow night I plan to go to yoga, and Wednesday, to the elliptical/weights. I'm getting a paranoia case about Thursday morning six a.m. yoga, but I'll put it out there to myself once again this week.

I start school in a month, so would like to get in as much exercise as possible/get a routine going again now that I'm finally feeling better. That way, when school starts, I will have the energy that I need to juggle work/school/family/exercise/eating right! Ditto for the food. And off the coffee (no cream at home this weekend so I resorted to instant coffee with nondairy creamer/sugar/flavoring all premixed). Again.

I picked up a copy of our town's conservation trails in a cute little guidebook format, and my plan is to try a trail or two a week for the whole spring/summer (that's the trail we did yesterday, and I also discovered that the trail we did saturday is included, so I guess we've done 2 trails so far!). I'm impressed and happy that they exist, and always surprised at how easy and quick it is to "get away" and "get into nature", and still be right next to civilization. I do so well when I reconnect with nature - it makes me feel peaceful, grounded, and that all is well with the world. Probably because it doesn't include people, har har har.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm glad to be moving ahead again after feeling off-track and stalled this past month. I need to take care of myself so that I can make it through work without strangling someone or blowing my stack. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home