Thursday, July 05, 2007

In the pool

2.5 weeks after manipulation, and I'm doing pretty well. I started going to the Y pool (they have 2, and the smaller one is perfect for rehab, as the water only goes chest-deep at the deepest part) last week, and then caught the family cold. But I plan to go back by this weekend, assuming I feel better.

It makes me feel good to be moving again, at least, even in this limited fashion. I also finally got on a bike at PT, and can do a full rotation w/o knee pain, so I am very excited about that. I can also get in and out of a chair w/o holding onto anything. Otherwise, though, I'm still on crutches. It's getting a little old.

I bought one of those cool Laptop Lunchboxes, and will use it to motivate/inspire me to get my daily portion of veggies & fruits & nuts/seeds. I didn't sign up for the CSA this year, but plan to for next summer, when I will be able to drive every week. We do have a local farmstand, so I would like to get there weekly and stock up on veggies. It's still challenging to cook while I am on crutches, so have been mostly doing frozen vegetarian meals (burritos, indian, etc.). It's been 5 months of vegetarian-ism, woohoo! I only miss meat once in awhile - if anything, I miss fish the most of all, and may consider becoming a pescatarian instead. I do want to give vegan-ism a chance, and can't do that w/o doing my own cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home