Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Almost there

Tomorrow night is orientation! Are you getting sick of hearing that yet, 'cause I'm sure not getting tired of saying it!

My decreased yoga attendance is showing - I had a dream last night that I was trying to get into a weekend class, and it was *packed*, and then I got sidetracked (I can't remember why), but then the class had already been going on for almost 10 minutes and I had to run in and get my yoga mat (I get really annoyed at people who show up later than 5 minutes for the class, since we're usually in the middle of the seated meditation and they couldn't *possibly* try and BE QUIET and not rattle their keys and slap their mat down etc. GRRR)(yes, I know it's funny and ironic that I'm supposed to be calming down during this point in class and all I can do is be irritated; maybe it's just whatever the day's events (i.e. WORK) are that accumulate and spill over at this point). ANYWAY, I got my mat w/minimal interruption and then went to do a tape that I recently got, but there were like 12 million people in my living room (which wasn't really my living room, it looked completely foreign to me - it did have an awesome huge TV, though!) and I had to wait for them to leave so that I could do my yoga. Wah.

No exercise yesterday except a 15-minute stroll outside in the crisp sunny weather. Better than nothing is what I always say. Yes, that is what I always say, indeed, so you'd better attribute the quote to me if you use it.

Last day (mm-hmm) on teecino - tomorrow I am drinking agua and nuttin' else. *sigh* I miss it already.

granola w/blueberries/soy milk for breakfast, some yummy grainy m3tamuc1l w/my iron pill and hoping this helps the aftereffects. Some more chix/baby spinach/pepper/carrots for lunch, more soy yogurt/granola, cheese wheels, an apple, an orange, some blueberries. Leftover shepherd's pie (turkey instead of beef)(I had WAY too much of this last night, but it was soooo good and I was soooo hungry) and peppers/carrots for dinner.

I did have an 0re0 ice cream bar at the daughter's softball game since it was past 7:00 and we had not eaten dinner yet (another reason why I was soooo hungry and ate toooo much shepherd's pie); I also had a piece of dark chocolate with nuts. I don't even *like* dark chocolate. It was delicious. I guess when one is happy to have sugar of any kind, one can't complain, eh?

Sugar is certainly my enemy, and one I will be attempting to conquer over these next few weeks. I am not cutting out natural sugar (fruit etc), but refined sugar. I am hoping that not having the morning shot of sugar/cream in my hot beverage will help keep the vicious sugar cycle at bay, and I'm also hoping that once I get it out of my system, the cravings will decrease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home