Monday, May 29, 2006

Goooood day Suuuuunshine

It's gotten real sticky here in an unbelievably (but typical) quick fashion. It must be in the 80's with some good humidity going. I'm sitting in my sports bra and bike pants (not a pretty sight, I'm sure ;-)).

Friday was quite active. I walked to/from the Y, ellipted for 35 minutes, did back/shoulders. Then the bf and I went dancing. I had waaaay too much to drink and smoke (yes, I smoke clove cigarettes when I drink, baaaad Xena!) but had a blast. I *really* needed to blow off some steam. It was a diversity bar, so there were quite a few same-gender folks dancing, and one of the opposite sex asked me to dance, and told me I was so cute! Tee hee - he also had a beer in each hand, so that made me laugh and smile. It was still a nice compliment, even if he was a little tipsy.

Saturday I gave two massages and took a brief walk after Indian food (the restaurant is open again after the flooding - I didn't notice any damage - I love their buffet!!!). Yesterday was whitewater rafting - I had an absolute blast. Today we biked up to the parade since the son was marching in it, then we walked around town a bit afterwards and biked back home.

All in all, a fairly active long weekend.

Eating-wise...I ordered a weight loss CD that has a hypnotic (to me it was more like relaxation/guided meditation) component to it, and it has helped me already (although I guess I am supposed to listen to it for the next 12 weeks everyday; with school/work/etc. it will be challenging to fit 30 minutes in every day, but I plan to do my best). Reminding me to slow down, take smaller bites, chew each bite 30 times. It brought back how little I could subsist on while I was at Kripalu. To put my fork down between bites. To be conscious of what I was putting in my mouth, and not rushing to cram the next overloaded bite in. Good stuff.

I had a decaf coffee today, but no coffee on Saturday and a few sips of the bf's coffee on the way to the rafting trip. It's going to be tough - I'm trying not to hold that frame of mind, but also am being pragmatic.

*ugh* back to work tomorrow - I'm interested to see how long my relaxed state remains as such. And then what emotions pop up because of it.

I have a busy few nights ahead and don't know when I can get to the gym? The daughter has both track & softball tomorrow night and Friday night; haircuts on Wednesday night, and ORIENTATION on Thursday night. Thank *goddess* it's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I need to see how I can work something in.

Off to make some chix/asparagus/carrots and some sort of starch and marinate the other chix I bought for the rest of the week.

1 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger EMLB said...

Comments don't seem to be enabled on your other post, but yeah the iron pills can cause bloaty gassy stuff. I had decided I was a vegetarian at age 15-16 and didn't know how to balance my diet. I wound up anemic and had to take iron supplements that gave me bloating cramping and (TMI?) green poop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home