Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stuart Little

We had a little visitor last night while I was at school. The bf found a (probably adorable little) mouse on top of one of the water jugs in our pantry. It's a good thing I wasn't home, otherwise I would have done, for the second time in my life, my interpretation of the lady from the Tom & Jerry cartoons, up on a chair clutching a broom screaming my fool head off. The first time I had a broom because we were trying to sweep the little offender into a paper bag to bring it outside (so it could turn around and come back in the next night, I'm sure), and it jumped about 3 feet onto the floor and skittered across, which led to me leaping onto the nearest elevated surface, shrieking away. I'm such a girl sometimes.

I'm not sure why he decided to visit, since it's incredibly hot right now - usually he visits in the fall or spring, when the temp outside gets cold or he wakes up from hibernation or whatever (hey, I'm taking *human* anatomy & physiology!). Our downstairs neighbors have 2 cats, so clearly I need to write a little note chastising them for not doing their job!

I ended up sleeping on the couch since Stuart had decided to scramble into my bedroom to escape my scary bf. Not very comfortable. Didn't get up for walkies today either.

Didn't have a healthy dinner (ice cream w/smooshies - got the smallest size, but it was still a large portion of ice cream. Damn you, american serving sizes!). Nor a healthy breakfast (french toast "branches" with hash "tans" from the royalty of hamburg). *sigh* I don't even know why I'm writing. I guess to stay honest and stay with the process until I can figure it out a little better than I could before, same cycle, over and over, hopefully moving in the forward direction.

I think some journalling would be healthy, and definitely a walk. That's my plan for tonight before I have my practice session.